Pages - Menu

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Goodbye 2014, HELLO 2015!!



jouthman, straight wigs
yes, this is a wig - handmade by yours moi
Well look who's blogging again....yes it's me. My last post was back in June <bows head in shame> and yes I am a bit embarrassed but to be honest I've had quite a busy year - - all pretty much valid 'excuses' but anyhow - I am back now - just 4days shy of 2015. 
I've been a bit overwhelm with daily life (wife, mom of 3kids under 4, running a biz, full time work and really trying to figure out how to consolidate all my interests into one ) - well, there I confess; I can't seem to bring all my work into just one place...so instead of taking it one step at a time - I simple threw in the towel and focused on the other critical stuff......My goal for 2015 is to stay on track and speak from one source....so to all my lovely readers and subscribers - please stick with me - as I try to figure out my online space. 

For now this blog will remain open . I also post quite frequently on Instagram (josimply) - add/follow me. 

2014 has been a defining year for me - I was broken and discouraged for the most part but then I began to look up again and decided to fight the good fight before the Lord. This year I read the bible more than I've ever done in my entire life, I cried and prayed more than ever...I also saw God's hand move more in my life than ever before - so yes it started off rocky and I'm actually not quite at my destination but it's been a great year.The joy of the lord is my strength. He kept me through it all and never left me.......I could list all the highs and share my many lows but the one thing that supersedes it all for me is having a growing relationship with my Creator.

I leave you with three bible verses that I held onto - through it all

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Romans 5:3-4
Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,

When the pain/suffering was unbearable I remember Romans 8:28 - He is working it out FOR my good and He is FOR and not AGAINST me. When I felt discouraged I remember Joshua 1:9 - be strong and courageous , HE is with you wherever you go. When I feel fear I remind myself that I am the child of the most High and fear is of the devil - so it's quite easy now - when fear comes Child of God comes into play -- if I am God's child then I know that He hasn't given me the spirit of fear but of sound mind......all in all in 2014 I was able to find joy in suffering, and turn crisis into opportunities and the funny part is that I feel I've only scratched the surface of this magnificent path that God has placed me....I feel like I've just started my spiritual weight lifting journey ....I feel confident and that comes from Him in me.. I now realize that there's a big difference between being self confident and Christ confident - one is truly reliant on self will and independence and the other is a spirit or daresay a force moving inside of you

ok this post is getting unnecessarily long now .....I'll be back 

Here's to a happy 2015!!! Make it a great one...


Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...