Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crotchet braids using Afro Kinky Bulk hair


So it appears that I'm back in love with crotchet braids again. This style is incredible easy and cheap to do. Last month I experimented with Afro Marley hair and for this month I opted for the Afro bulk variant. I must say I'm loving it thus far - the hubby thought it was a hot but a bit OTT for work - but hey I toned it done by wearing natural/earth tone makeup and changing my style - (from overly casual student look to slightly dressed up) this is only at work though.

To achieve this style you'll need to know learn how to crotchet braid - It's dead easy. If I can do it then you can too. The hardest part is cornrowing your hair . For crotchet techniques search on youtube - see here for my very 1st crotchet braid video ( using Freetress Water Wave braiding hair)

For this style , you'll need

Crotchet pin
Scissors
Bulk hair - I used Janet Afro Kinky Bulk  - 1pack, colour 1B
Bulk hair - some random kinky bulk hair (sorry can't remember the name) - 1 pack -color 1B/30 - I only bought this to use as highlights
Cost - $8.99 (if you decide to only use 1 pack of hair ). I used a cheaper brand for the highlights - so total cost was under $16 - you can't even get wigs that cheap :)

Time 2-3hours


Here's my result




Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...