Pages - Menu

Friday, November 9, 2012

Creating a Life Plan


No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto. 
W. Clement Stone 


I've done a fair bit of planning in my life time - albeit haphazardly but it was still a plan - I've planned my career, my family, my health/fitness etc but I've never really sat down to plan my life - As a matter of fact I've always thought my life is in God's hand so why do I need to plan every single detail of it .Why not be open and take life as it comes? There are pros and cons of living that way ; it's a bit like traveling without a compass or map and discovering new lands.
Long story short a friend introduced me to Michael Hyatt a few months ago but I never really looked at his work until a few days ago where I discover his free e-book - Creating Your Personal Life Plan.  

What really caught me was how he talked about attending your own funeral - seeing yourself in large shinning box and asking yourself what will they say when I am dead? To answer this Michael suggest one fast forwards to the end of life and look back - this exercise forces you to think about the things that matter most.

This book has truly helped me to stop, pause and reflect on my life thus far - am I directing or is it life directing me? Have a truly surrendered my steps to Christ or I'm still in somewhat control  - have I been a blessing? have I truly loved? Have I been the best wife, mother, daughter  & sister I can be?What is my 5yr plan? is it just business, career & family ? In what area is my account balance low and how have I tried to improve it - All of this questions have been running through my head for the past few days .

All in all I truly believe I am exactly where God wants me to be - -I'm so uncomfortable with my comfort and feel that this discomfort is a place of growth - it's like I'm right at the cliff and God is simply saying to me look at view , trust me and take the plunge and I'll be right by your side.

I hope this exercise helps me balance my life - 

Find out more here Michael Hyatt's Life Plan here


The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder - waif, a nothing, a no man. Have a purpose in life, and, having it, throw such strength of mind and muscle into your work as God has given you.Thomas Carlyle





Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...