Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Home workout - Skipping



Don't have time to go to the gym? Want to do so some intense cardio ? then SKIP! I kid you not you'll be sweating buckets. I added skipping to my exercise routine a couple months ago and truly can see the difference. On the days I can't get to the gym  or  run in the mornings I simply skip! skip! skip

Some benefits of skipping are:

  • improves stamina, co-ordination and flexibility
  • great fat/calorie burner
  • a great all body work-out
  • it's kinda fun
  • keeps your muscles intact 
Today I had planned to go the gym to do my usual work-out which consist of 15-20 mins treadmill (interval training), 30-40 mins strength training and 10-15 mins sauna time. 
For the strength workout - I alternate between lower, upper and abs . So far so good - I've also introduced squats and deadlifts into my routine- these are badazz :) - I love!

Anyhoo back to skipping - this was my home workout today 

200 skips
30 squats with kettlebells
5pushups
(repeat 5times)

I had planned to do some ab works afterwards but T won't let me :( - so that's postponed till tomorrow







Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...