Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rest in Peace Uncle Peter


Woke up yesterday to the sad news of  Uncle Peter death. Again via FB - my sister sent me a message saying 'call home now' - in my head I thought not again ; the last time was when I lost my Dad (New's year eve 2011).  We only just buried Daddy last year, who is it this time I wondered .

This is often the price you pay for living abroad(away from family) you get calls of weddings, births and the unfortunate deaths . I called my Mum and she said we lost Uncle P - he died after a brief illness.
I'm not sure I can describe how I felt - memories of my Dad flooded in - Uncle P was Dad's younger brother - in fact the only surviving male of the family. Dad had 3 brothers and 2 sisters; all that is left now are my 2 Aunties.

I got the news and I just blanked it all from my mind , and really did not want to go there again - - it's much easier to deal with that way I thought -I'll just keep busy and not think about the loss - but that didn't work - just woke up this morning and felt numb, sad, weak, emotional, all very teary - I last saw Uncle P at Dad's funeral a year ago - he looked well ; but now he's gone - gone to come back no more

I relived Dad's funeral in my head again; from the seeing him at the mortuary and him being put in the coffin to being in the church - it was odd - the last time I was at that church Dad was by my side , walking me down the aisle on my wedding day and now he's in a box at the same church.
I just can't believe Uncle P is gone. Rest in Peace Uncle - when you see Dad , tell him I love him and miss him every single day -

I love you Uncle P.

Farewell!!!





Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...