Pages - Menu

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy 6th Anniversary to me!


Time they say really does fly. 6 years ago I left good ole Blighty for the land of the free and the home of the brave , the United States of America. I can't believe 6years have flown by.

A lot has occurred in my life in those years - i'll list the notables

1) Got married to my best friend and no1 fan  - it was our 5years anniversary this month
2) Had the most wonderful son on the planet -our incredible T- he's an absolute bundle and handful of joy :)
3) Traveling/living in India, Canada and now Australia
4) Becoming a chartered accountant
5) Moving from Chicago to Atlanta
6) Becoming a runner - from 0 to half marathon
7) Lastly the passing of my Father

As I look back at the past 6years I thank God for everything - it would be great to still have my Dad around but I know he's in heaven watching over me -I miss you Daddy.

Today I reflected on all the highs and lows of the past 6years, the opportunities lost, the seeds never sown and I ask myself why Jo? - why did you play it safe? why did you stay in your comfort zone when the real magic happens outside of it? you can't really cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. I don't think I've been daring enough - I became too comfortable with being comfortable and I kept focusing on the one 'uncontrollable' obstacle in my way -even when I should know that God is in control and he knows my tomorrow.
I 've been too conservative - but today I look back and instead of regret I see strength ; there's been some really hurtful things that has occurred in my life that is bound to break anyone's spirit and hope; but God turned it around and strengthened me - today I begin to actively take steps to live my dreams. It is so clear and vivid in my heart and I will become it - I'll no longer make excuses or focus on this one obstacle - I'll continue to press on today not tomorrow - I feel emboldened and empowered and I know that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. Today I choose to take the road less traveled to my dreams, I no longer want to choose the comfortable/safe route but only that which brings me closer to my destiny - I'll make my mark here on earth. Jo Uthman is here to serve and she'll do so with glee and diligence.

God I pray that you bless the work of my hands, you have blessed me with so many gifts and talents and all I want to do is serve you with it - come and dwell in my spirit where you already abide , fill me with you and empty me of me -Thank you lord for I know that you've started a good thing in me and will be faithful to complete it - bless my family and friends and even the reader lord - shine your light on us oh lord that we may see clearly and act accordingly.

Obstacle I don't see you anymore - I'll overcome and I'll conquer !! 6years from now I'll look back and will have even more testimonies to share



Jo

Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...