Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Emu oil for face

I've just rediscovered the Emu oil here in OZ ; and I must say I've seen great results so far. I've been using it solely on my face. The Sydney weather is a wee dry (tis winter here).
This oil works like a charm - it does have a slight smell (think chicken fat) :) - but I love it - no more dryness and I can see my skin improving with only a few days of use

Emu oil is essentially the fat from an Emu, a bird indigenous to Australia - it is used to treat fevers,coughs, minor pain, arthritic joints, bruises, cuts and sores. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural emollient .It is known to be good for the face and lips . I picked it up at the local street market and the Chinese lady who was 50 but looked 38 told me that's all she uses on her skin; she said I should I apply twice a day and be sure to use cling film to trap it in for a few mins - I've been doing so for almost a week now (well without the cling film) - and I kid you not the difference is so CLEAR. The only con about this oil is the animal fat smell and also the cost -I once bought a tiny 4oz bottle for almost $20 in the US - but got the 100ml shown below for $23 - I feel like stocking up - but also feel this bottle will last a long time - really do not want expired animal fat on me skin 

Emu - this was taken at the Featherdale wildlife park











Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...