Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Skin Regimen ...

au naturale

I often get asked what I use on my skin, so I thought to share this MASSIVE secret - lol not really :) - I'm pretty much basic when it comes to skin care; I rarely change products -they say if it isn't broken don't fix it. Perhaps twice a year I'll try out a new scrub or mask but for the most part all I use is facial wash.; tell a lie I did use scrubs(St Ives Apricot scrub) for a wee bit but was told by a cosmetologist to use exfoliating masks instead - perhaps she was trying to sell products - but I heeded and since then subtracted scrubs and added masks to the equation- all makes Jojo a happy lass :)

Anyhoo here's my regimen:

Wash - twice a day
Moisturize - usually any moisturizer with Vitamin C or that is good for combination skin
Rinse

Mask - twice a week (when I remember)

That's it !

Current products

Facial wash - Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face - this stuff is FANTASTIC! - it truly does what it says - I've been using it for over 4years now. I bought the 22oz refill bottle from Wholefoods and still have lots left - a little definitely goes a long way: not sure the price these days ; I don't think I paid more than $10 for the bottle - now that is good value.


Back-up Facial wash : lol for a lack of  a better term - for when my skin starts acting up or when I bored with Dessert Essence I'll seldom switch to Burt's Bees deep cleaning cream - it is so soothing and refreshing - I love it - a tad expensive so when I run out I'm back to my good ole Dessert Essence


Moisturizer : this is pretty random, I tend to run out every 4months and go hunting for a new one - for the life of me I can't remember the name of the last brand - right now I'm using Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost (this also works great as primer), Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer and Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion




Mask : Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask - it's ok - I have no other comparisons - will probably try the Black Mask after this runs out



Lastly I drink tons and tons of water and fruit/veggie smoothies 98% of the time- I must say this has helped a tad


Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...