Pages - Menu

Saturday, April 21, 2012

[Hair lookback] 15months fro

'I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am a soul that lives within' - India Arie


I've been natural now for 3years - It's been one heck of a journey - I've been thru the hiding phase (i.e hiding under weaves and braids), the curl/length obsession phase , the product junkie phase, the 'I want to go back to relaxer' phase, the my 'hair is too ugly & tough phase' to' I am not my hair' phase, to connecting with my soul (kinda deep ish) but yes I really did connect with my soul - who would've thought natural hair would take me there eh:)

Anyhoo -today I'm simply comfortable and extremely happy with my hair - I no longer need to force it to do what it wasn't created to do - some days it looks uber fab and others not - -some days it is begging for water and others it is just right,.....in short I'm still learning and loving and embracing my God given tresses and it's utter uniqueness.




My fro at 15mths  - July 2010



Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...