Pages - Menu

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Learning to ride a bike as an adult

source - google images



Yup I cannot ride a bicycle :( - I can drive, I can run, shuu I even taught a kid how to ride but I can't ride a bike to save me life - <holds heads in shame>
Growing up my parents always promised me a bike for my birthday if I did well in school - which I always did - but somehow it always got postponed - so I never really got it.

Fast forward decades later and the hubby was shocked that I could not ride a bike. He took it upon himself to teach me how to ride - he bought a bike and we went on a few trips - DISASTER!!! Let's just say spouses are not suppose to teach - or maybe I just wasn't ready - but for some reason he just didn't understand how something so easy was yet so difficult for me to grasp - - after maybe 3 failed attempts  I gave up - I just didn't want him to teach me anymore - that was the end of it .

This year I've put learning how to bike and completing a race on my imaginary to do list. I really have to overcome my fears and get on with it - I've been searching online and I've decided to get a road bike. Hubby and I will go check a few out this week - hopefully I get a good deal. I'm bent upon learning this time round - I'm getting knee pads, helmet, chest pads, eyepads lol etc and will practice on grassland - I've also been doing a wee bit of reading - if this fails then I'll sign up for bike lessons - I SHALL RIDE A BIKE this year IJN!! Can  I get an AMEN !!

More of my cycling adventure to come ...



Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...