Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Best hair conditioner award goes to.......

Trader Joe's Nourish spa


So I've searched high and low, tried it all from store bought, designer to 'all natural' handmade conditioners - all of which have left my hair somewhat ok. I went shopping last week at Trader Joe's and found myself in the beauty aisle looking for a new facial wash ; somehow the Nourish Spa conditioner caught my eye. My friend E mentioned she used it but never really sold it to me - I thought hmm $2.99 doesn't really break the bank - worst case I'll add my herbs and oils if it does not work.

Got home that evening and was all giddy about my new find - I shampooed me hair, then followed with an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse , braided my hair into small sections and applied the conditioner (I added a wee bit of olive and grapeseed oil). OMG!!! I have to say the difference was clear - it was like magic - normally conditioners take a while to work in my hair  - but I as soon as I applied it my hair felt incredibly moisturized and soft - detangling was super easy - I was overjoyed. I was instantly sold on it.
After applying I wrapped my head in cling film and sat under a hooded dryer for circa 30mins - HEAVEN!! my hair felt so good, so soft, so moisturizer, like butter - I think I've finally found my base conditioner - I say base because I always add something to the mix; usually essential oils, herbs, honey etc.


So the conditioner is dirt cheap, it works great, it has organic ingredients all good eh - so what's the catch? well I don't think there is one but it contains ......err PARABENS - Methylparaben and Propylparaben to be exact..I initially did not want to purchase but thought to I gave it a shot especially since the parabens are listed right at the end- I'm not an expert in a shape or form - parabens are harmful but the listing order shows it contains very little, almost insignificant amounts. As for me I think it is ok - please make that decision yourself. It's definitely a keeper for me.



Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...