Pages - Menu

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hair update - no longer obsessed with curls and length

 You see when you start the so called 'natural hair' journey - ok scrap all of that when I started my natural hair journey -I was more obsessed with getting my hair to look a certain way - did all the twist out, braid outs, Miss Jessie out, and all that jazz - the styling and the look was more important that accepting my hair texture. In fact I didn't care much about getting to know my hair I just wanted it to curl and look good and of course long.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the mentioned but for me I was running away from the truth and that is my hair is what it is - there's no point forcing it to do what it wasn't supposed to do. My hair shrinks almost 70% when wet and it's just right the way it is. The past 2 weeks I've just accepted it for it. I looked in the mirror and just smiled - I love my hair - It is unique to me - It doesn't have to curl to be beautiful - it's beautiful the way God gave it to me. Just perfect.





















sorry pics are all over the shop - blogspot isn't co-operating with me - will fix later







Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...