Pages - Menu

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Remembering my Daddy

 Daddy today marks 1 year since you departed this world. Daddy I miss you. It was my 1st Christmas without you- I miss your prayers. I miss your wise words. Daddy if only you could see how much your grandson T has grown - He's such a big boy now. He's so handsome and intelligent just like you.

Daddy , today I played Abo Abo all day on repeat - somehow it makes me feel like you're still here. Today I reminisce a lot of the many conversations we had. I remember at age 5 when I asked you where babies come from and you said from the mouth (lol) - only you Daddy. I remember you telling me my kinky twist is not professional, I remember us playing chess, I remember dyeing your hair every other week, I remember changing tyres, fixing cars, electricals etc with you, I remember us taking early morning shots together :). Thank God I'm not a lover of alcohol today :).

 I remember you dropping me off at school on raining days.I remember you taking care of me when I was sick ...I remember how proud you were off me when I graduated University and bought my 1st house (although you did say it is not right for a woman to live alone) - but you were proud that despite sending me abroad at such a young age I did not go astray  - Daddy I wish things were different then - I wish you were nearby and not thousand of miles away - I wish I could run to you literally on a bad day. I wish but I don't regret - Daddy your prayers made me the woman I am today.I carry you in my heart, your spirit guides me - Thank you Daddy - I love you.

2003  



Rest in peace Daddy!

Your daughter

Josephine


Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...