Pages - Menu

Friday, December 30, 2011

How to make homemade protein treatment.

My hair has been feeling a wee dry lately - I've done a few deep conditioning and oil treatment but nada seems to work - My hair has lost it's elasticity - it's looking a wee limp. I believe Henna not only change the texture but damaged(dried) my hair - sucked every moisture from it. This evening I looked in the mirror and just felt like starting all over again - shuu it's only hair it will grow back. This time I'll do it right.
I'm still learning about Protein and Moisture - my hair was pretty low maintenance until I added weekly henna ,oil and deep conditioning treatment that it simply didn't need - I over treated my poor tresses.

Today I decide to do a protein treatment and figured - I thought if this doesn't work then I'll cut it and start 2012 afresh

Ingredients
Mayonnaise - 3-4 tablespoons (i really don't mention)
Eggs x 2
Olive oil (or substitute)
Coconut oil (or substitute)

Optional
Evening Primrose (few drops)
Argan oil  (few drops)
Wheat germ oil

Steps
Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix till you achieve yogurt like consistency
Apply generously to hair from roots to end
Cover hair with a plastic cap or cling film
Let sit for at least 45mins ( I waited 3hrs)
Rinse out - and follow with a light  moisturizing conditioner

Results - Soft, Shiny, Silky hair - I love love! Looks like I won't be chopping me hair for 2012 after all.

Enjoy - sorry the after pics got corrupted :(

mixture

wrap tightly with cling film







Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...