Pages - Menu

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Run your race......even when sh*t happens

I'm a runner - I never really thought I would enjoy running. Long distance running sounded crazy, err it's really for people who do not have anything better to do, it's a waste of time infact if you would've told me 3years ago that I would love running and feel odd when I don't I would say you're looney - err seriously me run ..err not going to happen mate.

My ex boss got me into running - I got psyched into a half marathon Corporate challenge. How was I supposed to go from 0 to 13miles in less than 12weeks. It seemed impossible at first - but I did it and so can you.
Today I run for fun, I run when I'm happy, when I'm stressed, when I need to talk to God, when I need time alone - it's become my morning ritual. Long distance to me builds not only endurance but character - sometimes I fight battles with my mind (mind over matter) - I hit a certain mileage and my body just cannot go on - that's when I switch from physical to mental strength - Nothing is impossible, It is achievable , I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me - those are my usual mantras - believe me it works.

Anyhoo - more on my running and the benefits later - I stumbled upon the below pic of a runner who pooped on himself and thought to share - (sorry it's a bit gross) but inspiring at the same time.




This is what I get from the pic

1) Run your race. It is all up to you -people can talk and make jabs but do not listen just run your race - focus on the end goal.

2) Sometimes sh*t happens - err literally for this runner but do not let that stop you - stay determined and driven to finish

3)Never give up - this runner stayed the course - despite the poop, the stares, the pain, the humiliation - whatever your dark secrets/shame/problems are replace that with the poop - bring it all out in the open. It really doesn't matter what people think of you - what matters is what you think of yourself. What matters is that you carry on boldly, defiantly and finish strong.

4) Lastly do not eat belly-ful before a race - lol j/k



x
Jo


Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...