Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Learning from mistakes


Made a huge mistake today at work that cost my company $350k. I still can't get over it. I think I'm more worried of what the 'bosses' will think of me than the actual error. Ah well I'm only human and I was really acting in the best interest of the company - it just didn't go as planned - such is life.

I've spent the last couple of hours replaying the incident and how I could've prevented it - shoulda, woulda, coulda - but no more - It's done - I need to move on asap. I tend to dwell on a lot of things - but the older I've become the wiser - in past errors like this can keep me worried for days but today it lasted a few hours - because I can't control everything around me but I can control how I feel - I choose to learn from it - I choose not to be bother with what the 'bosses' think - my career is not measured by my failures or poor judgement but on my successes and achievement -...OMG! just had an aha moment - my October control thoughts exercise is in full effect - I am not my failures or mishaps -it's ok to fail or make mistakes the key is that you learn from it  - so simple. If I didn't try I wouldn't have failed but I prolly won't have the knowledge and experience I know now so it's ok to fail - infact I think failure is an option - not trying/fear is NOT an option.

I particularly like below quotes -

'If you study and relive your past experiences, analyzing them, and "getting in touch with your feelings" you will only reinforce those feelings. If you want to get away from a problem, you should not focus on it. Focus on the good, the positive, the beautiful, the nice. - unknown

If you pay attention to the darkness, you'll never find the light.


Too much thinking and analyzing just makes any problem worse. Today is a wonderful day – live it in the present.- unknown



x
Jo



Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...