Pages - Menu

Monday, November 28, 2011

Kiss goodbye to ATM fees !! - Money saving tip

Since I moved to the US one thing I detest with a passion is ATM fees - well another is paying to receive calls - but ATM fees? really ? come on now America. I've somewhat avoided this trap by making card only purchase and cashback when I need to. This has worked well for me . However after analysing our household spend via Mint.com ( totally recommend) - the hubby realized he was paying far too much ATM fees and needed to do something ASAP. He decided to open an online banking account with ING and I went with Ally bank. I have limited banking experience with Ally so cannot comment much - but so far so good.

The application process was painless , they have an e-check option so need to mail in checks (YIPPEE), no ATM fees whatsoever, free incoming wires (domestic and international) , free checks , high interest rate - etc - you can't go wrong - the downer is that they have no apps - main reason hubby went with ING. For me I'm ok navigating via laptop/tablet - phone screen is a wee too small anyway.









Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...