Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 8, 2011

October's challenge - Strictly positive thinking!!


Hi there,

Ok I watched a video on TED of a guy that challenged himself to try something new for 30days. I watched this video maybe about 2 months ago and didn't really act on it. After my 100miles running challenge with the WEWgroup last month (September) - I figured hmmm I'm liking this - what is my October challenge going to be? I thought about the many activities/interests I would like to do - I'm always so busy , I can totally entertain myself - joys of being the last child of older siblings - yeah my siblings were all 10 - 17yrs older than moi - which meant I was pretty much on me jack jones growing up - my imaginary friends and my Dad kept me going at home - but I did have a few friends at school - so wasn't too much of a loner :)



Anyhoo, I didn't want to embark on yet another activity or interest - I have way too many and I do enjoy all of them but instead I wanted to try out a mental one - you know people always say think positive - I'm no.1 think positive person and I can give you 100 reasons on the spot why you're incredible and all that feel good talk - it's just my nature (the hubby hates it sometimes) - but I really don't know where I get it from - I'm always elevating - anyhoo so yes I'm a big on encouraging, motivating, inspiring etc - but one thing I've never CONSCIOUSLY done is control my thoughts 100% of the time - like seriously - can it be done? can I really think positive 24hrs of the day, can I actively change my thoughts regardless of the circumstances -so when that eediot guy cuts me off whilst driving or when the day appears to be going downhill or when that annoying friend of mine who only thinks of herself calls - can i stay positive? you see it might be easy on the big/serious stuff like finance, health, relationships etc - but what about the little haps of the day that tend to make 80% of the day - the mind is constantly in motion -

All of this led to my October challenge - actively controlling 100% of my thoughts - from negative to positive/constructive. OMG! it's been hard - mind you I started maybe on the 4th , it's been 4days now and my goodness - I've fallen off the proverbial wagon a few times but I must say it's been a good experience so far.

I dare you to try it .......sounds simple but pretty hard.

Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days | Video on TED.com

Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...