Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nursing a Sick Child!!

You really do not know the gift of health until you're sick. The past few days have been a nightmare. T caught a virus from one of his cousins in the UK. I initially was blase about it and thought meh 1-2 days it will go away - but no the fever, coughing, was persistent -Talk about sleepless nights - T will wake up at 3am and start crying, there was absolutely nothing we could do to soothe him - he was tired, weak and in pain - I felt helpless



After almost 3days of constant 101F + temp we decided to take him to the Docs -err waste of time.com. We arrived the clinic at 9am for our 9am appointment. We were met by a rude Nurse who couldn't be arsed to look up T's name -instead she rudely asked 'What is the child's name'? errr what?? this isn't NHS darling - I am paying for this ish - I absolutely HATE poor customer service -in my opinion if you're having a bad day then you should take the day off and if people are not your thing then the hospitality and care business shouldn't be either -- arrghhh ! can't stand rude people.

Anyhoo - after taking T's temp and weighing him - she rudely asked - What's wrong with the child? At this point she hadn't introduced herself  - so  I said err sorry what is your name? what is your role? (in me head, i'm thinking I really can't be arsed to repeat meself all over again so best to get me the doc or the right person') - I'm a Nurse, she responded - the Dr will be with you shortly - I said Ok then I'll tell the doctor what is wrong with him.

About 10mins later the Doctor walked in - well I thought she was a Dr, until she introduced herself as a Senior Nurse practitioner -(arrghhh don't they have docs in the frigging place) - anyhoo - I mentioned all of T's symptoms and requested Antibiotics(AB). She said sorry we don't give Antibiotics for Virus, AB is only for Bacterial infection (arrrghh so why am I here) - she said there's nothing we can give you, keep using the Motrin to bring down the fever, he should drink plenty fluids and the virus will run its course - errrr $25 copay later for nada -

In all seriousness - I believe the UK NHS system has spoilt me - I always seem to run to the Dr every 5mins or at least want some sort of prescription later - All in all T is doing much better now - he still has a bit of running nose - but the fever has gone down - Phew!!! thank God

Twas only 5days of headache, I really can't imagine what other mothers are going thru with their sick babies in ICU etc - I pray God gives them the strength to make it thru - We sometimes feel we have nothing to be thankful for - the gift of heath and life are more than enough...


Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...