Pages - Menu

Sunday, June 19, 2011

How to do your own Afro Kinky Twist

YAY! I finally have a decent camera - so per my last post on protective styles (Kinky twist) - I've now done a video on how I do my twists.




What you need 
Hair extensions - I recommend Janet Afro Bulk twist '24" (2-4bags)
Tail comb
Scissors
Gel or some sort of sealant - to seal the ends

Time - allocate a min of 4hrs :)

Here are a few pics - this is about 3weeks old













Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh very pretty!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got these today! In love...next mission is to try them on my own! Thanks for the videos tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo - I've just discovered your blog and it's fantastic! Question - with kinky twists, what's the best way to keep natural hair (4c-z) moisturised while wearing braids? I also work out 2-3 times a week, so any tips on how to keep hair fresh would be great too.
    Thanks
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, sorry for my delayed response - I'm not an expert on haircare -but what I do when I have twist is to wash it regularly and apply a light oil(grape seed or jojoba) to my scalp. You can also get braid sprays which are just as good - hope this helps

    thanks

    Jo

    ReplyDelete