Pages - Menu

Friday, March 18, 2011

Natural hair is HARDWORK!!!

Ok so about 2days - I almost did an Amber Rose - no not her lifestyle - her hair - I so was going to chop it all off . I had already booked an appointment, told the hubby and made me mind up. In my head I was set to do it Weds afternoon - to never return to hair - it's just too much work.

How did I get here - err not quite sure actually after I discovered wash and go and realised I didn't have to twist/braid my hair each nite I figured it was the way forward. Ecostyler gel kinda left my hair a wee crunchy and dry to touch - I thought why not try something else - so whilst shopping at Whole foods and perusing the natural hair aisle - I was torn between Beautiful Curls, Giovanni hair gel and Jane Carter  - - Thrifty me decided on Beautiful curls. I bought the Leave in conditioner($8.99) and activating cream($10.49). Jo Jo was so excited - I couldn't wait to try the products.

Got home - washed and conditioned my hair , applied the leave in, then twisted my hair with the activating cream, covered me head with a satin bonnet and went off to sleep .

Next morning - unravelled it and was DISAPPOINTED with the results - my hair looked and felt dry - It was somewhat defined - but I hated it - It was limp , lifeless and just DEAD - ok maybe I'm a wee extreme here - but I just didn't like the outcome.

Arrggghh!! What a waste of time and money - now I have to figure out a quick style for work - so I glanced at my Eco styler - and I could see it calling my name - - I jumped in the shower - cowashed with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, applied Beautiful curls leave in(oh the leave in is FAB - tis the activating cream that was drying) , then applied Eco styler - rake it thru - then stepped back into the shower and did the 'head shaking thingy' - I must say this made a MASSIVE difference - it truly defined my curls. This time round I decided to air-dry and not hood dry - just to see the end results. I must say I'm somewhat pleased with results but where did all my hair go - it shrunk -:(

here's pic's of the twist out and wash and go

Twist out using Beautiful curls







Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...