Pages - Menu

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Half or Full Marathon - that is the Q

After my last post I began taking steps towards my goal - The easy or maybe not so easy one was my Marathon Goal.

I've looked at the Georgia running schedule and they're a few Half and Full Marathons races in October. Question is do I want to do the full or half. Given I've done the half a few times now - one will expect me to push myself or as Shaun T (INSANITY instructor) will say - DIG DEEPER. However Jojo has already come up with a few reason why running two Halves as opposed to one full will be better -

1 - Weather - tis incredibly hot in the summer in GA - Will I be able to run more than 10miles in the heat?

2-  Busy schedule  - I have 4 weddings to attend this year - i.e 4 weeks of training - ok maybe not 4 - more like  weekend training lost - I could always work around this.

3 - I haven't a no 3 - just listing 2 reasons didn't seem sufficient tehehe .

Anyhoo, I've just asked myself why do I want to run 26.2 miles - Long distance running is takes stamina, commitment and endurance - I want to do this for my own growth - I want to endure and persevere..Also I'm currently exploring running for a cause - I'm torn between Mentoring and Cancer Research.

I have till May 28th to decide - should I opt for Half then it should be a breeze but the 'Full' can also be done by God's grace :)

I'm going to sleep on this a dilemma and hopefully by tomorrow or so would've gained some clarity



Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...