Pages - Menu

Friday, March 18, 2011

AYURVEDA all the WAY!!

Ok since I began my this 'natural hair journey' - I would say I wouldn't have lasted this long without the youtube vids, blogs, facebook pages etc. I learnt SO MUCH about hair in the last 3months than I have my entire erm erm '25'years  :) - -

They say if you're not adding you're free loading - thus my one of my reasons for starting this blog - well apart from documenting my journey its also to share what works for me - hopefully you can tweak it and make it work for you too. Since I posted my youtube hair journey I've gotten ton's of request, messages, etc  - oh what products do you use? what's your hair regimen, what's your hair type, how long have you been natural,  etc - My goodness!! I'm not an expert thus cannot tell you what will work for you - shuu with my last Beautiful curls saga I'm still searching - I must say I do have my staples - my Ayurvedic treatments will forever stay -

So I've noticed that my hair is getting curler/kinkier by the min -I'm 100% attributing this change in texture to my Ayurvedic treatments -

What is Ayurvedic - per wiki - Ayurveda is the complete knowledge of life, Ayurvedic medicine is a system of traditional medicine native to India. Essentially the use of Indian herbs, oils and powders to treat hair.
Now Indian women are know for their beautiful long tresses - shuu think how much Black women pay for a lb of Indian hair - why not look at what they use and cop that :)

Thus my current and to stay weekly treatments will forever be Ayurvedic- unless someone tells me its bad for my hair - I'm sticking with it. I'm still on the look out for the perfect gel. However I'll make my own homemade flaxseed gel one of these days.

Oh so I no longer Henna weekly - I do so biweekly - I alternate between Indian powders treatment and henna- only because Henna is a wee messy -- way too much cleaning to do :)  I'm lazy !

Ok here's my routine

 Ingredients
Amla powder -
Brahmi powder
Neem powder
Vatika oil
Distilled water
Conditioner - any should suffice - I use Yes to Carrots/Cucumbers

Add 2 tablespoons of Amla and Brahmi to a clean bowl, 1 table spoon of Neem , add water (you want a muddy creamy paste) - then add conditioner , with maybe 1table spoon of Vatika oil - Now I really don't measure - so I'm terribly sorry if this is a hot mess :) - but it should be thick and muddypaster - if light and runny then you want to add more conditioner or powders .

Leave on hair for at least an hr - I leave mine for 2hrs

Oh get yours at a local Indian grocer - Its about $2.49 a pack.

I'm off to bed -- I seriously need to get a video camera - It will be much easier than writing :)





Live simply, Live happily and Remember your life was God's idea. Own it! Live it! Work it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...