Pages - Menu

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Henna treatment + Henna gloss

WOW! February is here already -can't believe January is gone already - to think the New year was err 35odd days ago - WOWZER - where's all the time going eh.

So last week I did a Henna gloss treatment on my hair. Silly me should have taken before, during and after pics - but ah well - next time

Henna gloss -
What is Henna ? per wiki - Henna is a flowering plant used since antiquity to dye skin, hair, fingernails, leather and wool. - It's essentially a dye derived from plant thus natural.

Why Henna ? short answer - It's an amazing conditioner , it strengthens, thickens and adds shine to hair.

So after reading all the benefits of Henna and watching the numerous you-tube vids I decided to try it.
I bought the Jamila brand from a local Indian store. I bought 2 packs (100g each). I used 1 packet - mixed it with Apple Cider Vinegar , let it sit for 12hrs and applied it to my hair. I rinsed it out after maybe 2hrs ish.
The whole process was a bit long winded but was it worth it? err I think I saw the difference make 2days later - I had no shedding and my hair was incredibly soft... so I thought hmm I think I need to add this to my weekly regime (will post this later)

2nd Henna treatment - For my 2nd Henna treatment I spoke to the Indian lady at the store and she suggested mixing the Henna with water only, however I could add a bit coffee(for more colour) and lemon juice (for scent) - But did JoJo listen err well sorta - I did and also added conditioners and a bit of Amla oil to the mix. Why not eh? It's my hair at the end of the day. It will grow back if it all falls off  :) - well I hope not


What I used
2 packets of Jamila
Purified water
Coffee - I used Instant coffee
Lemon juice
Conditioners ( I used Yes to Cucumbers and Miss Jessies Super Sweetback)
Amla oil


below are a few pics few days after the treatment. -
Day 3


Day 6


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...